What does the role involve?
Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations
• Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do
• Empting boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
• Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
• If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes
• Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team
• Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for Community Fundraiser
What skills or experience are required?
• Willingness to talk to people about Guide Dogs
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others
What will I get out of it?
• Support us to enable more blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
What support or training will I get?
• Regular and ongoing support from Guide Dogs
• Payment of out of pocket expenses agreed in advance
• Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
Minimum Age: 16 due to laws regarding the collecting of boxes